With the summer season (and zucchini season) ending, I thought it was high time to post a recipe with one of my favorite vegetables.
This recipe is inspired by Elie Krieger and has been a favorite of mine for ages. I have brought these crispy, salty, discs of goodness to events and parties over the years and vegetable-lovers and vegetable-not-so-much’ers alike devour them.
REMINDER!! Giveaway closes tonight at midnight and the winner will be announced tomorrow! Look HERE for how to qualify!
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (3/4-ounce)
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch slices
- Mix Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper into a flat dish
- Coat zucchini with olive oil
- Cover zucchini with dry mix. (I coated one-by-one from the bowl but think you can put dry ingredients in a ziplock with the zucchini and “shake shake shake!)
- Place zucchinis (separated from each other) on a greased baking sheet or non-stick aluminum foil and bake at 450 for 25 – 30 minutes!
- Remove with spatula and serve immediately!