Style on a Budget
Top – Target; Skinny Jeans – JCrew; Booties – Matisse – love these similar styles in black and beige (via NordstromRack); Sunglasses – Prada (via ShopDitto), Bag – Kate Spade New York – super similar one here (via Kate Spade Outlet)
(I am sneakily writing this post at work whilst ‘copiously taking notes’ on a call…) Anyway, I hope you are all doing well! I am stoked about this weekend as my mama is making a quick trip to visit my sister and I and some time with my girls is a cherished commodity around here!
The longer I blog, the more I realize that my readers want to shop both affordable pieces and affordable retailers BUT do not want to sacrifice style, or quality. Well let me tell you my friends, I feel the SAME way more than ever as Eric are trying to budget for this crazily expensive but tiny little thing I am growing. (Between how much money she has/is going to cost us, and how sick she has made me for sooo long, she better be the CUTEST!!) Anyway…. (I guess this is how my brain acts when I am chaotically multi-tasking…) I wanted to share my best tips on how to stay on trend, with high quality pieces at awesome prices.
- Don’t Discount Affordable Retailers: Some of my favorite pieces are from super budget-friendly stores and they fit great, look great, and are super stylish! Some of my favorites are:
- Old Navy – Old Navy has awesome denim, activewear, and basic tees/sweaters)
- Target – Come here for seriously quality swimwear, activewear, scarves, hats, and the new sought after line by Who What Wear. (FYI – The top in this post (which my fashionista mama wants for her birthday) is Who What Wear and is one of my favorites!)
- ASOS – This international online retailer has both expensive and inexpensive items. Some of my favorite affordable brands from this site are ASOS/ASOS Premium, Nasty Gal, Monki, & Brave Soul. AND shout-out to some of my pregnant readers, they have an amazing affordable maternity section that I seriously check every day.
- H&M/Forever 21 – I have grouped these 2 together as they are both a bit overwhelming with the amount of items offered and it sometimes requires a bit of time to find bomb items. However, it is worth it! Some of my favorite body-conscious midi dresses, hats, scarves and tees are from these 2 stores!
- Zara – Zara prices can run the gamut as well but I get quality and affordable scarves, tees, and outwear here.
- WAIT for Your Favorite Pieces to Go On Sale: I know this is tough, but some of my favorite retailers have 25-40% off sales almost weekly and if you can wait just a BIT for the item you have your eye on, you will save tons of cash! Some retailers that fall in this category are JCrew, Madewell, Banana Republic, GAP, Old Navy, Athleta, and ASOS. (FYI – These jeans are from last season but I was totally dying for but WAITED just a week or so until they were 25% off.)
- Opt into Email Distributions from your Favorite Retailers: I know that we are often annoyed with tons of emails but I promise, opting into emails from your favorite stores are like GOLD! For example, I have opted into Kate Spade’s email distribution and this week was notified of a surprise 75% off sale. Woo hoo!!
- Shop Clearance Luxury Retailers: I have to thank my mama for this tip. She taught me to do this basically since I could walk… It is totally possible to get luxury brands at great prices if you shop these kinds of retailers. (My favorites are NordstromRack, Saks Off Fifth, and Nieman Marcus Last Call. Don’t you worry if you don’t live near one of these because they are all online and frankly online shopping is sometimes a bit easier to navigate with these 3. From frequently stopping in these stores and checking these sites, I have picked up some seriously coveted brands like Vince, Equipment, Paige Denim, Rag and Bone, etc. at ‘Ally-approved’ prices.
So sorry for the super long-winded post pals, I guess while I was writing I realized I know maybe a little too much on the subject! How do you stay stylish while trying to be budget-conscious! I would love to here your thoughts and will maybe do a ‘Part 2’ depending on your responses!
PS – Did you catch my last post where I sport an affordable midi dress from one of my fav (mentioned above) retailers and talk about time management tips (from a girl who wants to do it all)??
Much love dear friends!