Top – Madewell, Crossbody – Rebecca Minkoff, Sunnies – Karen Walker Super Duper, Lip – NYX, Watch – Michael Kors, Necklace – Nadri, Skirt – H&M (couldn’t find online but linked a few darling scuba midi skirts below!)
Hello! Thanks for stopping by! (Seriously!!)
Today’s look is a mix of old and new (and all non-maternity!) I have linked what is still available down below and darling substitutes for what isn’t! I am sooo not the best at wearing color and felt a bit like a walking rainbow in this look but wanted to push my teeny little envelope a bit and go for it! What do you think of the color combo? Less? More? Am I crazy? (Actually don’t answer that last one!)
Switching gears…. My life is about to get CRAZY in the next 3 months….i.e. I work as a technical project manager in the consumer healthcare industry and open enrollment slash 50+ projects need to ‘Go-Live’ as of 1/1. (Translation – 12+ hour days.) And… on 1/10, this wiggly little thing inside of me is APPARENTLY going to come out…. Adding a couple of showers, nursery readying, holiday-ing and my head is spinning… I guess one great thing about recognizing this impending whirlwind is I can prepare for it! I have been hyper-focused on organization and doing all I can now to make my life as easy as possible for myself when I have no control over everything! Of COURSE, I wanted to share what I have been doing with you and hopefully get some tips back at the same time!
4 Ways to Stay Organized!
- Calendering: I have always had a self-proclaimed ‘great’ memory and have trusted myself to remember everything that is going to happen in my life. Well you know what? I am getting real with myself and now know I can’t remember everything. So, I calendar EVERYTHING on ONE calendar. (Work, church, appointments, social engagements etc. with the location and time in each ‘event’.) ALSO, I have ensured that all reminders go straight to my phone.
- Don’t Procastinate: Whatever you can do NOW, DO! I am sure my mom is laughing her head off while reading this but even though I am 14 weeks away from my due date, I have my hospital bag packing list complete (which will be packed by week 30), a babysitter for the furball, and a detailed hospital ‘plan’. I have done this with my project plans at work, my tasks for church, and my blog!
- Cleaning: I don’t know about you, but when my house is messy, I feel disorganized and disheveled. Instead of spending ‘X’ hours on Saturday cleaning my whole house, I now spend 30-45 minutes a few days a week to clean parts of it. Then, my WHOLE house is never a disaster, and my weekends can be devoted to things that are much more fun
- Finances: I believe that unless your finances are ‘in order’ you won’t be. I have designated a lot of time the last few months to review the following:
- Liabilities – Do I owe anything on anything? Is there a way I can accelerate payment on loans to pay them off faster? (This should be addressed FIRST!)
- Retirement Accounts – What types of accounts do I have? How much do I have in each account? Do I need to combine these across employers? Am I contributing the appropriate amount?
- Medical Plans – What plans do I have? Does it make sense/can I add an Health Savings Account/Reimbursement Account to my medical benefits? Do I have the kind of coverage I need? Is it too much/too little?
- Insurance – Do I have life/car/home insurance? Is my coverage appropriate?
- Expense Planning – Do I have a budget? Is it representative of ‘truth’? Are there big expenses on the horizon? Should I/can I put more money away to prepare myself for these?
I know this list seems like a LOT, but I promise, if you chip through each of these in your own time, you will feel like a whole new person! For the first time in probably my entire life, I feel like I have a grasp on things and can ACTUALLY do things well. I feel less stressed, happier, and much more capable.
I would LOVE to know, what do YOU do to get organized?